An Austrian light manufacturing company in the automotive industry in Suzhou area is looking for a General Manager.
The company is a family-owned business with headquarters in Austria. In order to cater for its growing market in China, it will set up a manufacturing plant in Suzhou area.
Initial Investment Euro 13,5 Mill - this will be increased in three phases.
Human resource requirements:
The estimation for the number of employees required for the period from 2019 until 2022 is 60-70 employees. We will start with about 35-40 people in 2019.
The ideal candidate should possess the following characteristics:
- Cultural fit - the candidate must fit to the company (down-to-earth and well-rounded personality - needs to fit to our family-owned company).
- We are looking for a very trust-worthy and honest person with hands-on mentality.
- Min. 3 years experience with running a plant in China as production manager or general manager.
- Experience in establishing a new plant in China - preferably in Jiangsu Province.
- Must be able to be the interface person between the subsidiary in China and the headquarters in Austria
- Must be willing to move/ live in Suzhou, Wujiang or close by
- Language background: We prefer a person for whom German is his/her mother tongue, however a Chinese person with a strong German or Austrian background (studied/ worked in Austria or Germany) who speaks German well might also be a good fit
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Know-How in how to run a plant / business successfully
- Experience in the plastics industry is a plus, but not a must
- Being able to speak/read/communicate in Chinese could be a big plus, but is not a must.
We offer an attractive remuneration package for the right candidate.
Interested? Please send your detailed CV to Janet Mo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(Your data will be saved for the purpose of recruitment only and made accessible for the above mentioned employer. All data will be deleted after the recruitment process.)